This is my favorite one of me thus far in everything - it feels the most like I feel to myself. The other ones, everybody's laughing and going "Wow, that's really Thi!" and I'm like, "Oh, gawd, is this doof the way people see me?" - which is a comment about my self-awareness, not about your skills. But this one is the face I see in the mirror when I look at it and ask myself what the fuck I'm doing with my life.
Mild criticism: there's something funny going on on the right side... near the transition zone. This is my guess, but I'm not sure what it is: I think it's because the darkest flesh region is darker than the lightest hair region. This might be OK if it were a highligh - nothing parses weird about the highlight on the left - but the lighter hair strands on the right parse as a colored hair region. (Maybe because of the direction of the highlight - a la Gurney's The Ribbon Secret?)
3 comments:
This is my favorite one of me thus far in everything - it feels the most like I feel to myself. The other ones, everybody's laughing and going "Wow, that's really Thi!" and I'm like, "Oh, gawd, is this doof the way people see me?" - which is a comment about my self-awareness, not about your skills. But this one is the face I see in the mirror when I look at it and ask myself what the fuck I'm doing with my life.
Mild criticism: there's something funny going on on the right side... near the transition zone. This is my guess, but I'm not sure what it is: I think it's because the darkest flesh region is darker than the lightest hair region. This might be OK if it were a highligh - nothing parses weird about the highlight on the left - but the lighter hair strands on the right parse as a colored hair region. (Maybe because of the direction of the highlight - a la Gurney's The Ribbon Secret?)
I'm not sure if that's it. But it's something...
Also, in this one, I appreciate that I look more Asian than black. My parents would approve.
Post a Comment