Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daniel drew this

...portrait of me and left it at my house, so I consider it fair game. I dig it a lot. The whole time, Daniel was telling me what a shitty model I was, and how much I squirmed, and what a squirmy brat I was. I was just trying to paint his shitty ass with my shitty gouache.

Cretacolor colored leads

2 comments:

Daniel said...

So I went over to Thi's place, and he's all whiny -- "I'm sick" -- like bleeding out of your eyes and rotting flesh isn't something we've all gone through. Anyway, my first reaction was "Great! Let me get out my pencils." And he's all, "dude, you gotta try these new leads I got." Fine, so I try the new leads, and they're pretty good -- the drawing here's with the new leads -- but I really like my pencils. (It should be noted that Thi is responsible for which pencils I own. My decision here really didn't mean anything, except that he gets all excited about the wrong leads when he's bleeding out his eyes.) So I pick up my pencil choices, and I look up to sketch him, and all of a sudden he's jumping rope, and break-dancing, and knocking down the piles of awful sci-fi novels he'd stacked around his body in preparation for the ritual Nguyen death rites. And I keep trying to draw him with my pencils, and he starts acting out "Flock of bluejays in a tornado." Well, fine, so I put my pencils away. And then he sits down and pretends he can't move. "Dude, let me see your drawings. ... Yep. I told you, man, these new leads are just right for you. Look how much better that is." And that's when I let him have it.

Thi N said...

Fuck you. I was *posing* "flock of bluejays in a tornado". You were supposed to look through the motion, to the inner core of stillness, and draw that, you chi-less motherfucker.

Everything I did that night, I did for you.