The third one is my favorite thing I've ever drawn. I feel like a lot of time my brushstrokes express only "Thi loves brushing shit! Yay brushing!", but here, most of the brushstrokes actually get beyond themselves and at some, you know, actual mood.
I was all depressed and this one made me think that I might not give up drawing after all.
If you give up drawing because you feel that your drawings are no good, I call dibs on your pencils, so I can stab you in the leg with them until you take them back and draw again.
I can't believe you called me a dickhead less than ten minutes before you said this.
Ja. There's a noticeable difference between the second one and the third one, in how the face all sits together, rather than having features just placed on the face. And the breast on the left is the most present breast I remember seeing you draw.
It seems to me that most of the first and the third drawings here are very confident (I can say this definitively about the face, the hair and the collar). But it's not all just the confidence of pure Chinese or Japanese brushstroke, where the confidence is expressed all in swift, unitary gestures. For example, the hair in the first one. It seems to me you were thinking (unconsciously, of course)--"I'm going to express Sarah's hair like this, and I can,"--and *that* was the *extended* gesture. The third one is my fav Sarah, I think.
6 comments:
I like the first one and the third one very, very much. I keep coming back to this page to look at the first one. I love the angles.
The third one is my favorite thing I've ever drawn. I feel like a lot of time my brushstrokes express only "Thi loves brushing shit! Yay brushing!", but here, most of the brushstrokes actually get beyond themselves and at some, you know, actual mood.
I was all depressed and this one made me think that I might not give up drawing after all.
If you give up drawing because you feel that your drawings are no good, I call dibs on your pencils, so I can stab you in the leg with them until you take them back and draw again.
I can't believe you called me a dickhead less than ten minutes before you said this.
Ja. There's a noticeable difference between the second one and the third one, in how the face all sits together, rather than having features just placed on the face. And the breast on the left is the most present breast I remember seeing you draw.
It seems to me that most of the first and the third drawings here are very confident (I can say this definitively about the face, the hair and the collar). But it's not all just the confidence of pure Chinese or Japanese brushstroke, where the confidence is expressed all in swift, unitary gestures. For example, the hair in the first one. It seems to me you were thinking (unconsciously, of course)--"I'm going to express Sarah's hair like this, and I can,"--and *that* was the *extended* gesture. The third one is my fav Sarah, I think.
Post a Comment