Most of the time when I paint, there's definitely a point when the painting is decent, there's definitely a turning point, and there's definitely a point where I realize I'm sliding into disaster and stop it before it gets any worse.
I thought: why not take some goddamn pictures so I can at least go back and admire the brief moment when it was slightly less crappy.
For your amusement:
This was supposed to start out as a tint study. Only two colors - burnt sienna and ultramarine blue, and some white paint.
Layers up:
My set-up:
The current stage.
Needs some touching up. Since it was just supposed to be an exercise, I didn't bother laying in a base-coat, and there's flecks of white paper showing through where I don't want 'em.
2 comments:
"Painting Puneet" would make a great title for...something.
Brings to mind 19th-century showbills for magicians and "mesmerists." All it needs is a crystal ball.
Post a Comment