It feels like one of those evolutionary diagrams that starts with H. erectus, and ends just one stage before R. Dreyfuss. Pigma Micron pen Pitt pen Tombow 4B graphite
My only mirror's in the bathroom, so I have to hold the pad in my eraser hand. I don't have patience to erase, or go slowly. I'm thinking of ripping the mirror off the wall.
The first drawing: Wow. Daniel is looking straight into his soul.
(btw, I have been lax and awful about commenting. (& posting) I promised myself I would go through and comment about all of your guys' awesome drawings. I'm planning on it now. I am. I am planning on going on no more vacations from writing and/or posting. ;))
The middle one - Pitt - is my favorite self portrait from you. Really. By a lot. The Pitt one is the favorite of your portraits of me, too. The proportions may be off, but the Pitt one *feels* more like you, and more alive, than the other stuff.
It may be that the broadness of the Pitt brush is forcing you away from overfussiness with detail. c.f. The Five Obstructions.
The nose is better, but still hasn't reached full bulbosity. The last one is the one with the roundest tip. The first one, the tip looks like a wedge. Good for plowing through snow.
Did I mention that I like these all a lot. I just like *looking* at them. They have energy.
Megan, Curator, and K were behind when I first loaded up this page, and they all started howling, shouting, and jumping up and down with joy. General consensus seems to me: life and true Daniel energy. Again, proportions may be off, but... c.f. finding a horse, and comments you've made about my brush stuff. Life!
My favorite things of yours are: the Pigma Micron Thi, and the Pitt brush self-portrait, and the pencil apple. These are the ones I can see when I close my eyes later.
Whoah, whoops - the last three comments are from me, Thi. Megan was still logged in on my laptop. The first Megan comment is Megan. The rest are Thi. Hope this didn't fuck with your mind, having the stern, strident, obnoxious Thi commentary coming from the name "Megan". I guess it sort of would be like Jesus belching, lighting up a bong, and starting to bitch you out for forgetting to buy munchies when you promised.
8 comments:
Thi, my nose is getting better, no? All my proportions are worse, but my nose is better.
My only mirror's in the bathroom, so I have to hold the pad in my eraser hand. I don't have patience to erase, or go slowly. I'm thinking of ripping the mirror off the wall.
The first drawing:
Wow. Daniel is looking straight into his soul.
(btw, I have been lax and awful about commenting. (& posting) I promised myself I would go through and comment about all of your guys' awesome drawings. I'm planning on it now. I am. I am planning on going on no more vacations from writing and/or posting. ;))
The middle one - Pitt - is my favorite self portrait from you. Really. By a lot. The Pitt one is the favorite of your portraits of me, too. The proportions may be off, but the Pitt one *feels* more like you, and more alive, than the other stuff.
It may be that the broadness of the Pitt brush is forcing you away from overfussiness with detail. c.f. The Five Obstructions.
The nose is better, but still hasn't reached full bulbosity. The last one is the one with the roundest tip. The first one, the tip looks like a wedge. Good for plowing through snow.
Did I mention that I like these all a lot. I just like *looking* at them. They have energy.
Megan, Curator, and K were behind when I first loaded up this page, and they all started howling, shouting, and jumping up and down with joy. General consensus seems to me: life and true Daniel energy. Again, proportions may be off, but... c.f. finding a horse, and comments you've made about my brush stuff. Life!
My favorite things of yours are: the Pigma Micron Thi, and the Pitt brush self-portrait, and the pencil apple. These are the ones I can see when I close my eyes later.
Whoah, whoops - the last three comments are from me, Thi. Megan was still logged in on my laptop. The first Megan comment is Megan. The rest are Thi. Hope this didn't fuck with your mind, having the stern, strident, obnoxious Thi commentary coming from the name "Megan". I guess it sort of would be like Jesus belching, lighting up a bong, and starting to bitch you out for forgetting to buy munchies when you promised.
Also, re: The Five Obstructions:
Thi and I were out with Christine Garamond the other day, and had this exchange.
Thi: Have you seen The Five Obstructions?
Christine: Oh no, is that the one about Crohn's Disease?
I love that ho, she's hilarious!
Post a Comment