Saturday, March 29, 2008

My vegetables

Let me show you them.


Dioscorea batatus, the Korean sweet potato that is really a yam. Mixed water solubles.


A skein of blue alpaca yarn. Mixed water solubles, outlined in Noodler's Lexington Grey ink from a fountain pen.


My santoku and a Meyer lemon. Mixed water solubles, outlined in Noodler's Lexington Grey ink from a fountain pen. Apparently, outlining goes a long way toward making things look like things, rather than blobs.

4 comments:

Thi N said...

I *love* the santoku and the meyer lemon. It's very alive, and very three-dimensional. Handle looks very wood-y and nice.

I dig your still-lives. Lifes? Lives. They have... life.

David said...

still lifes. Kindof like the toronto maple leafs.

Daniel said...

The lamb looks yummy, the yarn cuddly, and the knife is so sharp, I want to sheathe it.

I'd try to say something art-like, but I'm reacting to the subjects.

Daniel said...

Whoa! I definitely meant "yam," not "lamb."