When you draw with leads, your strong strokes give me the impression of motion, and usually of energetic feeling in the subject. In the second one, I feel that I looked down quickly right before you drew me. In the first, I seem somewhat tense, and upset. By contrast, the last one's just chilling: a relaxed tilt of the shoulders, calm face, mussed hair, content to be at the pie house.
6 comments:
When you draw with leads, your strong strokes give me the impression of motion, and usually of energetic feeling in the subject. In the second one, I feel that I looked down quickly right before you drew me. In the first, I seem somewhat tense, and upset. By contrast, the last one's just chilling: a relaxed tilt of the shoulders, calm face, mussed hair, content to be at the pie house.
Do you mean "chilling" like "makes me chiled out", or like, "his fearsome gaze chilled me to the bone"?
Also, I was trying to make you look calm in the last one by building lots of busy strokes into the background, for contrast.
Not sure if that worked or not.
I mean it looks like I was chill (i.e. relaxed) when you were drawing. The feeling in the watercolor is less tense.
I like it.
Post a Comment