Today, absurdly, not only did I decide to experiment with acrylic paint, I decided to start right off with it. On the two minute poses. As it turns out, kind of hard:

acrylic

acrylic
5 minute poses:

charcoal

acrylic

acrylic
25 minute poses:

gouache

gouache

gouache
2 comments:
Your twenty-five minute gouaches are spectacular! I'm writing this whole second sentence just to warrant another exclamation point!
Thanks - I felt distinct zen-mind. The last two figure drawing sessions I was getting increasingly frustrated with myself, unable to be absorbed, too much of the self-criticism-between-brush-strokes, which is bad (for me) (I'm wholly for loads of self-criticism, but only after finishing), but this time: absorption.
Sarah and I have been developing an idea, something like this: both painting and pinball as sort of bio-feedback exercises in no-mind - it clearly registers whether your mind is zen-calm or in chaos, it's a more explicit marker, so it helps you train yourself to achieve it. I'm definitely improving.
Post a Comment