Tuesday, July 22, 2008

lame backpacking crap

I've started to pack in a teeny painting kit on backpacking trips. Here's some from the last few, all in a nice teeny moleskine-type notebook.

Jennie Lakes:
A tree.
gouache

Lake and forest shit:
watercolor

Eagle Lakes:
sunset lake surface:
watercolor

twisty pine tree:
brush pen

distant mountains:
watercolor

that same damn sunset lake surface:
watercolor

distant mountains:
watercolor

lake corner:
watercolor

overcast skies:
watercolor


And here's a watercolor on actual, you know, watercolor paper, and actual brushes, done while car camping the night before:


For your amusement, the backpacking kit:

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Is "lame" code for "there's one thing in here that Daniel will really like?"

"lake corner" in watercolor's the one.

Thi N said...

No, "lame" is code for "this is pathetic and why the fuck am I even posting this shit because nobody gives a fuck about my lame artistic 'progress', why do you feel this inane compulsion to 'share', Thi?"

Thi N said...

But I did enjoy painting lake corner. I felt all badass and "Joy of Painting" and shit. "Oh, shake the hand for the reflection..."

Thi N said...

Actually, the one I did lately I thought Daniel would like was ink-and-wash Asian-peeking-through-bamboo.